|Food Trucks [Description: Row of brightly colored food trucks lined up]|
Recently this happened when I came across Kathleen Purvis' blog I'll Bite. Her post today showcased Serious Eats beautifully photographed slideshow of Food Trucks in the Triangle.
I love food trucks. The ones here in Charlotte have so much personality and variety. The chefs are as interesting as the menus. Most of them are in parking lots on level ground suitable for walkers and wheelchairs. Everyone is usually friendly and eager to explain the menu options and their ingredients.
There is a Charlotte Observer's interactive list of Charlotte's regular and up and coming trucks, but here is a list of a few food trucks for those with screen readers.
Here are some tips for enjoying our local food trucks:
- Check their websites, FB or Twitter accounts to keep up the ever-changing menus and location sites that can change due to private party rentals and bad weather.
- Go early. Many food trucks can and will sell out. Make sure you don't miss out!
- Support food trucks laws that keep vendors clean, safe and providing the best quality fare.
- Share the bounty with others, especially those who may not be able to get to a location.
- Look out for rallies where food trucks gather together. This is usually a great place to relax, stay for awhile and listen to local bands or performers.